Friday, September 17, 2010

So How Hard Can it Be to Get a Finished Sweater Photo?

A bit difficult, apparently.

I finished three sweaters last winter and I never managed to get decent photos of them. Hopefully now that fall is here I'll get some good modeled photos.

The sweaters, in finished order, are:

The DROPS Jacket.

The Heather Hoodie Vest.

The February Lady Sweater.

I should probably also ask how long it'll take for me to not try to use yarn that cannot really be salvaged. Last summer I started a Buttercup sweater in Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy. I had a total of 7 balls, 6 of one dyelot and the 7th a different one. I really should have known better than to try to use that one odd ball in the sweater.

I tried alternating rows for the first part of the sweater with one of the other balls, but the color change was still quite noticeable. I also made the sweater too short and didn't like how the neckline came out. So, I decided to frog the thing and make it again. I'm so glad I did, because it came out perfectly! Photos next time!


Hilary said...

Cute! I love that Heather Hoodie Vest. The pattern's been in my queue for awhile now, and you're making me want to cast on immediately!

Rebekah said...

your sweaters are gorgeous! I really love that Heather Hoodie Vest.

amanda said...

Wow Lisa! That's a lot of knitting. The FLS is definitely my favourite!