Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Josephine Top

I finished the Josephine Top, and I've worn it quite a bit.

This is the first time I've made a garment on size 4 needles, and I really like the thinner material you get with the thinner yarn. The Karabella Vintage Cotton was really nice to knit with, too - soft and silky. Definately a cotton I'd use again.

I finished the front and back, and then let them sit for a couple weeks before doing the finishing. I wish I would have done it right away - I could have worn it a few more times when the weather was warmer. We had our first real fall day today - I don't think it got above 65 degrees - and it's soooo nice! Almost cold enough to wear fall sweaters.

Here's the Specs:

Pattern: Josephine Top from Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: Karabella Vintage Cotton, color 320, 6 balls.
Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm)
Modifications: The empire and a-line top styles do not look good on me so I made changes for the fit. I cast on the number of stitches required for the 36" bust, and increased to the number required for the 40" bust when I got to the bodice. I also continued the textured lace pattern to the armholes, and switched to the textured purl stitch pattern just before I began the armhole shaping. I was hoping this would work out well, and I'm so glad it did.

And, here's one more photo - thanks to my sister Priscilla for doing the photo shoot with me.