Saturday, October 18, 2008

On Taking Notes

I'm not so good at taking notes for my knitting projects. But I think I have some motivation to take better notes now.

top row, l - r: cascade 220 the heathers for a veste everest, cascade 220 for an ariann, rowan felted tweed for a tangled yoke cardigan.
bottom row, l - r: rowan 4-ply soft for an apres surf hoodie, rowanspun dk for a cabled spiral pullover and reynolds soft linen for a $1.50 cardigan

These are swatches for five sweaters and a vest that I knitted about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I though for sure I would remember if I had to go up or down needle sizes for the swatches, but I forgot what I had done for a couple of them. Thankfully, I did remember what sizes I had used and I won't have to knit the swatches again, but from now on I hope to take better notes!

On another note, fall is here to stay (I think!) and I've finished the Equinox Yoke Pullover. I hope to have the photo shoot this week.

And, I've started the Veste Everest. It's quite a bit further along than in this photo, and I hope to finish it this weekend.

Hope you're all enjoying the fall weather!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Finished Project and Some New Ones, Too

I finished a pair of socks a few weeks ago that I never blogged about.

This is my second pair of socks with Noro Kureyon Sock and I'm sure it won't be the last. After having to frog my Meida's Socks, I just wasn't into the sock knitting for a while. But the Kureyon Sock took care of that.

I made a ribbed sock this time instead of plain stockinette. I'm a tight knitter, and the last stockinette pair I made is a bit tight on my foot - I have to do some coaxing to get the sock over my heel. To those of you who make plain stockinette socks, is this just how they are, or do I need to go up a needle size?

Pattern: Madder Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock, 1 skein, color S95
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)

I also started some new projects.

First, the Flower Basket Shawl in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.

I finished the first Bird-In-Hand Mitten:

I've started the second mitten, but I've only done a few inches of it.

I started the second toe-up sock of the pair that I started in April, which I've just turned the heel on.

I decided to try the Meida's Socks again, this time knitting a little looser and on US 2 needles instead of US 1's.

And, the project that I've put everything aside to work on, the Equinox Yoke Pullover.

Both sleeves and body have been completed and joined, and I'm working on the colorwork part of the yoke now. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. It's going pretty quickly and it's so much fun to work on a fall sweater again.

I've got a few more thins that didn't make it into this already long post that I'll save for next time. I think I'm finally getting back into a blogging rhythm!