Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Not Making Any Promises...

...but hopefully I'll be blogging more.

I had a great summer - it went by way too fast, and I still can't believe its almost the middle of September already.

The summer was, once again, full of softball.



I attempted to get back to sewing a little and really didn't do so well - I'm not very good at tearing myself away from my knitting and sewing just isn't portable!



I started running about 4 - 5 times a week in June. I'm very surprised - for someone who is very prone to staying inside doing activities that always require nothing but sitting, I've grown to really enjoy running.



The best part was running my first 5k this past weekend with some of my family and friends.



It was so hard and I thought I was going to die towards the end. That's why I can't wait to participate in a 4 mile run this weekend ;) Seriously, there's something satisfying about being able to run farther and farther, especially if you didn't think you were going to be able to do it.

With knitting, I did manage to take photos of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan:



Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang, from Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed, Cocoa, 8 Balls
Needles: US 3 & 4
Mods: Lengthened the sweater, shortened the ribbing portion on the sleeves & body of the sweater.



Rowan Felted Tweed is a bit expensive, but it's so worth it. This is some of the nicest yarn ever! I love this sweater, and it's too bad I didn't finish it until late February and didn't have much time to wear it before spring.



The one thing I did wrong was to not add more buttonholes to go with the added length. There's some definate button gaping going on, and I may try to fix it with snaps. Just something to keep in mind when lenthening a cardigan!

I hope your autumn weather is as nice as ours has been!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ooooh...LOVE your Tangled Yoke cardi. I hope you get lots of use out of it this fall!

Rebekah said...

yay for a great summer!

I love your tangled yoke. That yarn is gorgeous! The tangled yoke cardi was one of the first "real" knitting patterns I fell in love with. I think I might be able to knit one for myself now :)