Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vest-uary...and Socks

March is finally here! The weather's getting warmer, and we can tell spring is finally coming!

I joined the Vest-uary group over on Ravelry last month, and was able to complete my vest in just 12 days. Yay for no sleeves! I used the Leftovers vest pattern from Knitty, and several leftover worsted weight yarns. I'm not sure about it though - I feel a little wacky and clownish when I wear it.



Pattern: Leftovers from Knitty, Winter 2004
Yarn: Leftover worsted weight wool, mostly Cascade 220. The ribbing is Reynold's Soft Linen held double.
Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) & US 8 (5.0 mm)
Mods: Lengthened the body to 15", short-rowed the shoulders.



If I were to make it again, I'd probably try to come up with a pattern for the stripes instead of just randomly choosing them, and use fewer colors. But, maybe this is fine. I love Kristen's Staccato Hoodies, after all. Oh, and please ignore the weird face I'm making in the above photo. My sister and I need to work on timing photos better :)

I also made a pair of socks last month out of (what else!) Noro:)



Pattern: Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock, 1 skein, color s185
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)

And, I was given my first award! Thanks Beate!



I'm going to pass this on to:

Octopus Knits
Sam at Sticks, Strings & Crafty Things
Amanda at Jolie House
and
Hilary at The Yarniad

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great! Will definitely go with all kinds of stuff.

Hilary said...

Aw, thank you so much! I am touched. :)

And I love your vest! Not wacky or clownish at all. I think the colors go great together and look very sophisticated. Great socks, too!

Rebekah said...

this is so cute and a really great stash buster, too :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for busting some stash! I think it looks fun and you should most definitely not feel 'clownish' when you wear it.

Octopus Knits said...

The vest is lovely - and those random color changes and stripe widths are part of the beauty :) Great socks, too!

Thanks so much for the award! ... Happy March :)

Sam said...

Wow, thank you :) This is super sweet of you.

Love the vest; don't think it is clownish at all. And I'm always a sucker for Noro socks. Such fun colours.

Thanks again,
Sam :)