Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Finished Project and Some New Ones, Too

I finished a pair of socks a few weeks ago that I never blogged about.



This is my second pair of socks with Noro Kureyon Sock and I'm sure it won't be the last. After having to frog my Meida's Socks, I just wasn't into the sock knitting for a while. But the Kureyon Sock took care of that.



I made a ribbed sock this time instead of plain stockinette. I'm a tight knitter, and the last stockinette pair I made is a bit tight on my foot - I have to do some coaxing to get the sock over my heel. To those of you who make plain stockinette socks, is this just how they are, or do I need to go up a needle size?



Pattern: Madder Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock, 1 skein, color S95
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)

I also started some new projects.

First, the Flower Basket Shawl in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.



I finished the first Bird-In-Hand Mitten:



I've started the second mitten, but I've only done a few inches of it.

I started the second toe-up sock of the pair that I started in April, which I've just turned the heel on.



I decided to try the Meida's Socks again, this time knitting a little looser and on US 2 needles instead of US 1's.



And, the project that I've put everything aside to work on, the Equinox Yoke Pullover.



Both sleeves and body have been completed and joined, and I'm working on the colorwork part of the yoke now. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. It's going pretty quickly and it's so much fun to work on a fall sweater again.

I've got a few more thins that didn't make it into this already long post that I'll save for next time. I think I'm finally getting back into a blogging rhythm!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

love the colors on your socks! And those red/white mittens are so cool. I've been wanting to attempt mittens like those :)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Just out of curiousity: how did you match up the colors on your noro socks? Did you make it happen or did it just happen? I know I have to do some work to make this happen-- match both socks..usually I dont bother.

Lisa Stepi said...

Beate - I did make it happen. After finishing the first sock, I cut out the next color section so I could begin the second sock on the same color as the first sock. It's much easier to match the stripes when making toe-up socks!