Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sleeves

After I finished my Veste Everest there was some time before NaKniSweMo, so I cast on for the Dollar-and-a-Half Cardigan. I read on a blog a while ago about knitting two sleeves at one time on a circular needle to avoid second sleeve syndrome. After reading that, I've always cast on for the sleeves first when I'm making a sweater, and it really does help the sweater to at least feel like it's going faster.

I was able to finish the sleeves for the Dollar-and-a-Half Cardigan on October 31st.



I then cast on for the sleeves of my NaKniSweMo sweater, the Cabled Spiral Pullover by Norah Gaughan from Knitting Nature.



I'm using Rowanspun DK in Mist. I'm used to knitting with worsted weight yarn, so this is going a little slower than usual. Hopefully I'll finish the sleeves this weekend.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I can't wait to see your new sweater. I am a big fan of Norah Gaughan, but have never made any of her patterns